Frosty the Fungus!

Frosty the Fungus!
See the art everywhere - even in a pack of mushrooms!
Powered By Blogger

Thursday, December 6, 2012

HEY THERE HYACINTH!

Most times we think of the fragrant Hyacinth as an Easter flower signaling the season of Spring and the Resurrection of our Lord!

I have an antique Hyacinth vase which I only found out about within the past 10 years or so. I have taken care of this beautiful smokey purple vase for years but always wondered about it's funny shape? Martha Stewart, my Mentor, explained what these vases were one day and I was like, "Hey, I've got one of those!" Then my daughter, Amanda, received one as a gift one year for her Birthday from a friend. Her Birthday is in March and often falls on Easter or Palm Sunday.

I decided to use Amanda's vase this year when I saw Hyacinth bulbs for sale at Shop Rite - 5/$2.99. I thought it would be nice to grow a bit of Spring flowers during the Holiday season. Low and behold, the first one "planted" has started to bloom! A gorgeous pink one!!


This is what greets me every morning in the sunshine!
So pretty!
I like this view!


This is my favorite shot!





No comments:

Post a Comment