Frosty the Fungus!

Frosty the Fungus!
See the art everywhere - even in a pack of mushrooms!
Powered By Blogger

Friday, August 17, 2012

I'm baaaack! My Daughter's Wedding AND I am once again employed!!!

I suppose things have been in the Seinfeld's bizarre-o world for quite some time now...

Many changes in life - worked 2 jobs, quit one, lost one -- back to square one! I've been out of work for 10 months now...sometimes a Blessing in disguise.

My daughter was married in June - a beautiful day! I made all her floral -(she joined me in the table arrangement frenzy!) corsages, bouquets and boutonnieres. Made my dress as well. Ahem...cut it out the morning before the wedding...but we don't need to go there.


Table Arrangements x16!

Bridesmaid/Flower Girl Purses

Bride's Bouquet

Gazebo Decorations -  but weather did not cooperate :(

Mother of the Groom

Groom

Ushers

Mother of the Bride

Giving my Daughter Away to a wonderful Man!

So the resumé races begin full time. Did I mention, looking for a full time job is a full time job? Can you say cover letter? Wow...did not realize the technical world these days has hampered the simplest of tasks...applying for a job. I will explain in the following.

       BASIC RULES FOR APPLYING FOR A JOB IN THE 21ST CENTURY
  • Do not walk into any place of employment and ask if they are hiring. 
  • Do not walk into any place of employment and ask for an application.
  • Do go home and perform a search online for jobs in your area of expertise.
  • Do apply and follow ALL instructions - many of which will take you to another page powered by an assessment partner.
  • Complete the assessment and PLEASE be consistent in your answers.
  • Wait for an auto-reply email to tell you that you have taken the proper steps and should wait for the company to assess your talents and abilities.
  • Wait.
  • Wait some more........ 
  • After some time has elapsed and you have forgotten you even applied, 1 of 2 things may happen: You receive another automated email saying basically, "Thanks, but no thanks" or you never hear from them again.
I seriously applied for at least 6 jobs a week that I thought I would fit the criteria, experience and education advertised. Thanks to the internet, there were probably 9,647 applicants besides me applying for each one.

I may be weird but I really liked the days of signing my name in blue ink on a cover letter, licking a stamp and going to the post office with my hope and dream of working for that particular employer whose name was on the front of the envelope.

Needless to say, I am gainfully employed by a wonderful company and I will be starting my training next Monday. I am so looking forward for structure and time management being a part of my daily routine, once again! I wish you, any of my unemployed friends, much luck in your searches. It does come, eventually to those who are patient and persevere.

No comments:

Post a Comment